Marnix Reinsurance Brokers Singapore Pte. Ltd. is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) 2012 and any other data protection laws applicable from time to time in Singapore.
We highly value the privacy interests of our customers and counterparties we deal with and strive to protect the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal data provided to us.
We collect, use, disclose, store and transfer your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administering and/or managing your relationship or your account with us in the course of providing appropriate services and products to you; offering insurance or reinsurance solutions which requires us to use or disclose data to insurers or reinsurers and/or third parties in the ordinary course of our business.
- Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- Disclosing and/or complying with applicable laws or the requirements of any regulatory authority, government, statutory authority and industry associations. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your personal data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorised under the written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
- Seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
- Fulfilling audit requirements and compliance supervision;
- Revenue collection or debt recovery;
- Disclosing to our parent company and/or related companies of the Company Group, agents, contractors, or third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, payment, data processing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
(collectively the “Purposes”):
You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data by giving us a written notice via email so long as there are no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so.
If you withdraw your consent for us to use, collect or disclose your personal data, we will review and inform you on the consequences of the withdrawal.
We aim to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us in writing to advise of changes/updates in your personal information after disclosure, as soon as possible. We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information in our systems or in our files is corrected.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and as required for business or legal purposes.
Collection of other information from visitors to this website
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, and other technologies;
Some pages on this website use a technology called cookies to enhance users’ convenience in subsequent visits. Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. Cookies allow us to recognise your computer and to collect information such as internet browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited and language preferences. Cookies do not enable the Company to obtain information that can identify a person or have a negative effect on users’ computers. Users may disable cookies via browser setting (web browsing software).
We may use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalise your experience while visiting the Site, or to gather statistical information about the usage of the Site.
- Web beacons
This website does not use web beacons.
- Access Logs:
This website tracks user information recorded in an access log. This includes users’ IP addresses, browser type and version, time of the visit and the page(s) visited, screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version and other related details, but not any information that can identify a person. We use this information for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
This website uses an encryption technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer) on the “Contact” section of the top page in order to make users feel at ease when entering personal information. Information entered by users will be encrypted and then transmitted through SSL.
Last Updated: August 5, 2019